On 07/05/2015 02:53 PM, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 07:28:34PM +0100, Guillaume M-M wrote:
Le 05/07/2015 18:06, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
Thanks for the reproducers. They evidence that the problem is due to
the fact that MathData::metrics is not called when instant preview is
on. I had tried to solve this issue by trying to update the relevant
pointers when needed, but it seems that this causes issues with respect
to the cursor position in some circumstances. In the attached patch
for stable no attempt is made to call Buffer::getMacro and instead
the macro_ pointer is updated by letting it point to the last known
good copy of the MacroData. In this way I cannot succeed in triggering
the assertion anymore. Please, test it with your non-minimal example
and report back whether it solves the issue.

Thanks, I can no longer trigger the segfault with your patch.
Ok, I committed the patch to master. Richard, I fear this is also needed
for stable.

That is fine. Strings are frozen, but this doesn't affect them.

Richard