Welcome Günter on board, I really like that you took this step!

If you did not do it already please read lib/doc/Development.lyx for some
guidelines. The general rule for committing can be summarized as "commit if
the fix is obvious and uncontroversal, for bigger changes or if in doubt
first ask on the list".

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Le 06/07/2015 14:56, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
>> I think there are some who prefer that for the commit you use your
>> @lyx.org email address. I forget why. I think the argument was that
>> your personal email address could someday change where your @lyx.org
>> address would remain constant.
>
> Irrespectively of whether you use your @lyx.org address, your commit
> won't show up on lyx-cvs unless the author e-mail is mi...@lyx.org, I
> think.

Indeed. This list ist a very important tool for some people, so IMHO we
should require to set the @lyx.org address in ~/.gitconfig.

> This is why I recommend that mi...@lyx.org forwards emails to your real
> address. Frankly, these days, giving your e-mails to google is not worse
> than giving them to sourceforge...

In addition, almost everything which arrives at lyx.org addresses is public
anyway.

Georg