Dear Guillaume,
I finished my search for the bug yesterday, by checking out a few suspicious commits in the last 30 days, and to my great surprise even the latest commit worked. I really don't know what happened. I had it all built in a separate directory (that I even cleaned several times), git status was OK etc. I'm so sorry for the noise. But I'm sure the advice people gave me will help someone backtrace the problems.