Hi Georg,

Thanks for your reply!

> This is possible, but needs some work.
>
> The current MSVC build instructions use some pre-compiled third party
> libraries. Of course these work only for exactly one MSVC version.
> Therefore
> I would propose the following procedure instead of just replicating
> this
> setup with a newer MSVC version:
>
> Create a python or cmake script that downloads, unpacks and builds
> each
> needed library. Add this script to the LyX git repo, and modify the
> windows
> cmake setup to use it instead of the current binaries from
> sourceforge.

I'm interested in looking into this at least a bit (may become deterred
if some dependency nightmare occurs!).  I've looked at the current MSVC
dependencies that are in the archive on sourceforge.  Which of these
are things that should actually be downloaded and compiled on the fly?
 For example, do you think that Python and ghostscript should be
compiled from source, or do you think it suffices to just include up-to
-date Windows binaries?  Same question goes for other deps I think.
 Based on your feedback I can try to hack around with this a bit and
see what I can get working with the latest MSVC.

Thanks again!

David