On 10/23/2015 02:17 PM, Guenter Milde wrote:
On 2015-10-22, Richard Heck wrote:
On 10/22/2015 04:23 PM, Georg Baum wrote:
Guenter Milde wrote:
Maybe a suggestion to provide a minimal example of the new feature
requiring the file format change in form of a *.lyx or *.tex file that
can either be simply added to the test base (if tex2lyx works fine) or
put on in a set of "TODO examples".
Whether we provide a directory for such incoming test examples (so that
test-experts can review them and bring them in line with the other tests)
or ask to send them to the devel list or whatever should be agreed on by
people caring for the test suite.
That would be very useful indeed (also for producing a lyx2lyx testsuite).
This is more difficult, since we in no way guarantee round trip
equivalence. Or am I missing something? (I'm not well informed about
automated testing, etc.)
My suggestion was not (necessarily) about round-trip but in first place
about import (tex2lyx).

Yes, I was just talking about the mention of lyx2lyx, so maybe we are at cross purposes. But one certainly could have two format N .lyx files and two format N+1 .lyx files---one each for forward and one for backward conversion---and test whether lyx2lyx gets you the right results both times. Or we could just focus on the forward conversion, which is a lot more important to most people.

Richard