On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 04:30:31PM -0500, Richard Heck wrote:

> The problem is that EmbeddedObjects.lyx was already format 498, and lyx2lyx
> seems to do the wrong thing when asked to convert it to the format it
> already is, i.e., to convert to 498.
>
> I've committed a patch that simply does the null conversion in this case. As
> I say in the commit message, this seems better than aborting with an error.

Thanks for fixing that. I agree with you. I'm not convinced we should
have a warning, but I will bring that issue up by replying to the
commmit instead of using this email thread for it.

Back to EmbeddedObjects.lyx---it passes with 492 but fails with 491.
Does this suggest the format change 491 is the problem or 492? I suppose
it is a problem of whether the bug is in backwards conversion or
forwards conversion.

The lyx2lyx code in the commit for format 492 is responsible for
converting back to 491, so if the bug is in backwards conversion then it
is the (likely) problem. On the other hand, if the bug is in forwards
conversion, then it seems the commit that introduced 491 is the (likely)
root cause. Is that the correct thinking?

Scott