Am Montag, 2. November 2015 um 08:36:05, schrieb Guenter Milde
<mi...@users.sf.net>
> Dear Scott and Kornel,
>
> On 2015-11-02, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 10:36:17PM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:
> >> Am Sonntag, 1. November 2015 um 21:27:11, schrieb Guenter Milde
> >> <mi...@users.sf.net>

> > As Kornel mentions, we have "ignoredTests" for this.
>
> Not exactly, see below.
>
> >> We already have such (specified in file "ignoredTests"). But as this
> >> tests are never executed, nobody cares for them anymore.
> >> The tests here are such, that we know, we never resolve them.
>
> > I agree. We should not use ignored tests for temporary issues. Once we
> > put something in ignoredTests chances are strong that we will forget
> > about them for a long time.
>
> This is why I said "suspended":
>
> Suggestion:
>
>   Specified in file "suspendedTests") with the reason for suspending
>   (bug report, commit that turned hidden problems into export failure, ...)
>
>   These tests are normally skipped, but they are not forgotten.
>
>   The tests here are such, that we know, we can resolve them but their
>   failure is a minor issue that can be postponed (comparable to enhancement
>   requests in Trac).
>
>   Suspending instead of reverting also frees us from the need to reassess
>   them if a change in the "real life documents" or a fix makes them pass
>   again. Instead, they could/should be revised at a time we have fixed
>   major known problems and no release pressure...
>

> Candidates for "suspended" tests are
>
> * "fragile" documents (many packages, ERT, heavy preamble, ...),
> * "fragile" export routes (XeTeX/LuaTeX with TeX fonts),
> * non-default export routes
>
> and especially combinations of these.
>

> Günter

OK, here is my suggestion
1.) We add the appropriate tests into revertedTests

The content in suspendedTests may be (in our case) e.g.
        pdf4_texF

        1.a)
                If a test is to be inverted, we check suspendedTest, and if
there, we ignore the testcase.

or
        1.b)
                Such a test may became a label "suspended" instead of "export",
so that
                'ctest -L export' will be clean, but we also have the
possibility to
                use 'ctest -L suspended'.

This does neither effect non-inverted nor ignored.

I prefer 1.b.

        Kornel