Le 11/11/2015 12:13, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
Le 11/11/2015 01:53, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
I agree that submenus are better than to remove things.
Attached is a patch. OK to go in?

Thanks, we need something like that. A few comments:

Sorry, our messages crossed each-other. I could not connect to the server for a time.

-    Menu "context-tabular"
-        Item "Multicolumn|u" "inset-modify tabular multicolumn"
-        Item "Multirow|w" "inset-modify tabular multirow"
-        Separator
+    Menu "table-lines"
          Item "Top Line|n" "inset-modify tabular toggle-line-top"
          Item "Bottom Line|i" "inset-modify tabular toggle-line-bottom"

Since the menu name is about lines, should we just have entry Top/Bottom...

I think that "Border" is clearer than "Line", and ok for just having Top/bottom...

[...]
+    Menu "table-cols-rows"
+        Item "Multicolumn|u" "inset-modify tabular multicolumn"
+        Item "Multirow|w" "inset-modify tabular multirow"
          Separator
          Item "Append Row|A" "inset-modify tabular append-row"

What about putting multirow with rows and multicolumns with columns?

Well multirow and multicolumn is about cells, so I moved it with cells.

[...]
+    Menu "context-tabular"
+        Item "Formal style|F" "inset-modify tabular set-booktabs"
+        Item "Longtable|o" "inset-modify tabular set-longtabular"

What about "Formal Table" and "Long Table"?

Here we agree. I also corrected the accelerator conflict.

+        Separator
+        Submenu "Lines|L" "table-lines"

I'd prefer a verb like "Toggle Borders"

Yes, even better than "Border" I suggested.

+        Separator
+        Submenu "Alignment|A" "table-alignment"

"Align"?

+1

+        Separator
+        Submenu "Columns/Rows|C" "table-cols-rows"
+        Separator
          Separator

Keep only one separator

          Item "Settings...|S" "inset-settings tabular"
      End

JMarc

Guillaume