On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 05:27:48PM +0000, Guillaume Munch wrote:
> Le 13/11/2015 16:58, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :

> >>IMHO there is no alternative to merging, if you don't want to throw away
> >>translations, and don't want to invest too much time. We should have a
> >>helper script in develoment/tools for merging.
> >
> >This would be nice. If the only way to do things is with manual merging,
> >I'm happy to spend the time to learn how to do that. But if you think it
> >is possible to come up with a script that either does the merging
> >automatically or at least facilitates the merging, then that would be
> >really nice.
> >

> It's too bad that it makes more work for you and future release managers.
> From what I understand, the default is that po files are committed in
> stable. Since people who care about having up-to-date po in master seems to
> be LyX developers, could you not ask them to make it easy for you? Either by
> making sure that you can rely on the master po file, or by giving you a hand
> before release. Of course, only if an automated script would produce sub-par
> results.

Good ideas. Let's get advice from people who know a lot about po files
and what we've done in the past. If it's just something where I need to
spend a fixed cost of time to get familiar with things, I have no
problem with that. But as you say, it seems there might be a benefit to
future release managers as well.

Scott