Thanks for your reply. If I run that installer on Windows as a user, it pops up
a window asking admin passcode. What am I missing here?

Best,
Weijie

Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/Ox5hz3>

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM -0800, "Uwe Stöhr"
<uwesto...@web.de<mailto:uwesto...@web.de>> wrote:

Am 18.11.2015 um 17:55 schrieb Weijie Chen:

> Hi, is it possible that Lyx be installed on Windows without the admin
> privileges?

It is possible to install LyX with only user privileges. This is
possible for several years so you should be able to install also the old
LyX 2.0.x that way.

> I don't see such an installer right now

Just use the latest LyX 2.1.4 for Windows installer you find at
www.lyx.org<http://www.lyx.org>. What does not work for you?

regards Uwe