Le 21/02/2016 20:52, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 06:06:14PM +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
I also don't see a reason why this cannot be done now since otherwise users of
than languages would have to wait 2 more years until LyX 2.3.

I agree that this is unfortunate. But the same is true for any feature.
The feature freeze was over two months ago. Now we are focusing only on
bug fixes. I do not think it would be fair to make an exception for this
patch.

I would not be shocked if an exception was made. Uwe's point is that it
is low risk/high reward and that being delayed until 2.3 is quite
significant. I do not remember seeing another patch in this situation.

* Is the lack of these languages easy to work around if the patch is
postponed?

* Is there any risk that the settings might be wrong (especially in ways
that cannot be fixed without another file format increase)?

(The patch misses of course the necessary update of the fileformat of all
*.lyx files to keep the patch readable.)

I've been thinking about the best way to handle this. Perhaps the best
way is to update only the necessary test files with the patch you post,
and then update the rest of the files in a separate patch (that you
either post or don't).

It would be nice to be able to apply your patch and have the tex2lyx
tests still pass. What do others think is the best way?

I have been making the routine updates in separate commits (also helps for rebasing), and sending all the patches given by git format-patch. Clearer this way. Just make sure that the patches are ordered properly and that the boring ones come last.

Guillaume