Den 23. mars 2016 15:10, skrev sihem hcine:
Hi,

I'm using LYX to create LATEX report. It's an amazing editor, but when i try to use this symbol " « » ", it's displayed as a black square when running my code.

I believe you use a font that does not have the symbols you want: «  »
In Document Settings, your font is set to "AE Almost European" This font does not offer the symbols you want. I recommend using another font instead. "Latin Modern Roman" is supposedly the same font, but it has
the symbols «  » so then the document works.

This assumes the "lmodern" package exists on your system, but it has been around for a long time now.

Helge Hafting