Am 07.05.2016 um 12:08 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:

AFAIK, we bundle IM ourselves on Windows. Is there really an urgent reason for
upgrading?

Yes, to assure good support I would rely on an up to date ImageMagick. If there is e.g. a security issue in libpng ImageMagick releases a new version immediately. So for every new LyX release I can simply bundle the latest IM version. (Of course I test before the basic image conversion features.) Having a converDefault.py that handle both, IM6 and IM7 is therefore very helpful.

Also,  I do not remember the reason why we didn't switch to graphicsmagick like
all Linux distribution did.

I tried this program several times in the past and I encountered performance issues with common proprietary file types like e.g. Photoshop. This might now be better but what I don't like is there release cycle. For example to get 5 security fixes one had to wait last year 8 months. GraphicsMagick also seems to have less manpower because the documentation and the responsibility is not as good as for IM.

However, if we decide to switch to GM I will not block this decision.

regards Uwe