Am 07.05.2016 um 11:11 schrieb Georg Baum:

This is a good thing. The name convert is too general (and indeed, windows
includes a convert.exe for converting file systems, so we were walking on
thin ice before).

Good point. Yes I had some problems in the past to assure that IM's convert.exe is used and not the various convert.exe from programs which adds their install path to the global Widows PATH variable.

See attached. For later versions we should get rid of os.popen(), which is
deprecated: https://docs.python.org/2/library/os.html#os.popen.

Many thanks. I tested it and it works well.
+1 to go in to master.

This should be done before 2.2.0 final because IM 6 won't be supported
any longer and security issues in the image libraries appear quite often.

Imagemagick is unfortunately known for frequent security issues. IMHO the
fix would be safe for 2.2.0,

+1

since the fallback is to use convert, but it
would not be a big problem to wait for 2.2.1 either if this is regarded too
risky.

I checked that it works with both here, with IM6 and IM7.

best regards
Uwe