Hello Richard,

users informed me about a serious problem:
To download LaTeX packages one need to set up a default package repository. I chose a HTTP server (because some companies block FTP by default) at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Hagen
because this is a distance learning-only university run by the German government. Unfortunately they now only support FTP access and switched off HTTP permanently. As result new installations of LyX are incomplete because the MiKTeX installer only provides a basic subset of LaTeX. Moreover new users are confronted with a cryptic error message about the inexistent server.

Thus I had to release a new installer with a new default package repository. It is still LyX 2.1.4 I only updated the third-party programs.

Could you please replace the installer version 5 with the new version 6?:
http://ftp.lyx.de/LyX%202.1.4/

thanks and regards
Uw