On 21/05/2016 6:23 a.m., Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 10:00:26PM +1200, Andrew Parsloe wrote:
On 20/05/2016 5:40 p.m., Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 12:56:32PM +0200, Helge Hafting wrote:
Den 18. mai 2016 08:49, skrev Andrew Parsloe:
In a new document
1. create a list, say Description style.
2. For the last item in the list create a sublist of 14 items and
3. make the *last* n (anything from 1 to 13) of these subitems some
other style, say Itemize.
4. Position the cursor at the end of the last item in the sublist.
5. Press Enter. This creates a new empty Itemize style item at sublist
level, as expected.
6. Press Enter again. This creates a new empty item at top level, as
expected, but in Itemize rather than Description style.
7. Press Enter again. I expected the cursor to sit in an empty standard
paragraph. If you have 13 or fewer items in the sublist it does. If you
have 14 or more in the sublist it doesn't. The cursor jumps back to the
start of the 14th item.

If there is text following the list, this doesn't happen, so there is
some interaction with the end of the document. I realise that mixing
list styles like this is not good form, but I can imagine use cases.
What intrigues me is the number 14. If there is more than one change of
list style in the sublist then the magic number 14 reduces.

All this with rc1 on Windows 7. LyX 2.1.4 doesn't show this behaviour.
I tried this with 2.2.0-rc1 (git hash d1b3d20c) on arch linux, and could not
reproduce it. Still, could be something with windows or a different git
version.
I cannot reproduce either, but I'm also on Linux. Andrew, you might want
to paste this into a bug report on trac so that it doesn't get lost.

Scott
I begin to think this might have something to do with MiKTeX. Uwe mentioned
some issues with it recently and there have been a flood of packages to
reinstall recently. I've just tried to reconfigure LyX and got a MiKTeX
error. I'll wait a day or two and see what happens on that front before
taking matters any further.
I would think it strange that it affects LyX's own display though. Keep
us updated with what happens.

Scott
The issue vanished when I reinstalled rc1 and used default preferences. It isn't present with 2.2.0.

Andrew

---