Le 10/07/2016 14:56, Richard Heck a écrit :
On 07/10/2016 09:53 AM, Guillaume Munch wrote:
Le 10/07/2016 14:48, Richard Heck a écrit :
On 07/10/2016 05:26 AM, Andrew Parsloe wrote:

I ask in near total ignorance, but "my ears pricked up" when I read
"EXPORT_in_THREAD" and "It's set in the code, but can be manually
unset by people who don't want the risks of background export,
threading, etc." Is this a way to tackle
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8346 on the problems threaded export
poses for command-sequences?

Not really, unless you just want to disable background export entirely.
The switch has to be set compile time.

This is not essential, it is trivial to make it run-time (but is it
really worth an interface?).

Check the bug Andrew mentioned for one reason it would be good to have this.
Basically, if you do something like:

     command-sequence buffer-export someformat; buffer-reload

in an attempt to process something externally, it fails, because the
reload happens
before the export completes. I.e., it happens almost instantly.

A global switch does not strike me as an ideal solution for this problem.