On 07/11/2016 05:31 PM, Daniel wrote:
> On 11.07.2016 23:04, Richard Heck wrote:
>> On 07/11/2016 03:57 PM, racoon wrote:
>>> Does anyone know how to output a patch with the standard git gui?
>>
>> What is the standard git gui? gitk?
>
> Don't know. It came with git and is called git-gui.exe (screen capture
> attached).

I had not seen that program before---I use the command line most of the
time---
but I've investigated....

To format patches, etc, you need to use gitk, which also comes with git
(or use the
command-line). You can access gitk from the git-gui menu at Repsitory>
Visualize
master's history (if you are on the master branch, otherwise it'll say
that branch).
You will then get a new window that shows you the history of whatever
branch you
are dealing with. All the various commits will be listed.

To create a patch, left-click on the commit where you want the patch to
start, thus
highlighting it. Often, this would be the commit BEFORE the one for
which you want
to make a patch. Then right-click on the commit for which you want to
make the patch.
You will have the option "Make patch". Choose that and then choose where
to save it.

There are other gui clients listed here:
    https://git-scm.com/download/gui/linux
that you could also try.

Richard