On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 05:16:10PM +0100, Guillaume Munch wrote:
> Le 06/09/2016 à 07:55, racoon a écrit :
> > > >

> > > This is quite easy to do. It would select text up to the next recorded
> > > entry, as is done during error reporting. Any objection?
> >
> > Not sure you are asking me in particular or people in general.
>
> Just asking other people if they dislike the idea.

If I understand correctly, I like the idea.

> > But I
> > don't understand what "text up to the next recorded entry" is.
>
> I meant that it would select up to the position recorded for the subsequent
> latex line.

I think racoon might have interpreted it as "select from where the
cursor used to be up to where the new cursor position is", but I think
you are pointing out that we cannot know exactly which line to highlight
because the reverse text is with respect ot the LaTeX line, which does
not map 1-to-1 with the LyX lines.

I will be happy to test if you work on this.

Scott