On 9/09/2016 9:29 p.m., José Abílio Matos wrote:
On Friday, September 9, 2016 10:45:44 AM WEST Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Hello,

Here is a trivial idea to limit the proliferation of
myfile-lyxformat-322.lyx files that are more annoying than helpful to
many people (or helpful in a Clippy sense). Can we at least use .lyx~ as
extension?

Patch attached. I do not know whether there are other things we should
care about.

JMarc

I agree with you. :-)

I have a backup directory set and so I never see these files. :-)

Same here. Is there a reason why LyX does not use a default backup directory? E.g. alongside or within the user's LyX directory. Checking what's in mine, I see 593 files, but total space only 56MB which is not excessive.

(And on another point in this thread, .lyx~ is used for backup files in windows.)

Andrew

---