Hi Scott,

yes I'm referring to the image displayed in lyx that has low resolution
and becomes unreadable. Scaling the image makes it bigger but does not
improve resolution.

Bu running lyx 2.2.1 in debug mode I see that the image is first
converted from pdf to eps and then loaded into cache

graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (265): Image conversion succeeded.
graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (295): Loading image.
graphics/GraphicsCacheItem.cpp (301): Image loading succeeded.

Best regards,
Pietro

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 10:20:09AM +0200, Pietro Cortese wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm including some figures in a lyx and I would like to have a preview
with
> better resolution. I'm using a lyx file as a logbook and I would like
to see
> clearly pictures and included documents.
>
> Picture scaling increase the dimension but not the resolution.
>
> I tried to add a new converter in Tools-File-handling-Converters from
PDF to
> png but it didn't work.
>
> Only solution seems to be to put the picture inside a preview box.
>
> Another problem is when including external material with pdfpages. If
you
> specify for example in the latex options "pages=4" in the preview you
see
> always the first page. In this case if you include the pdfpages inside
> preview box you get an error message on output Warning: Failed to
produce 1
> preview snippet(s).
>
> Please could you give me some suggestion?

Hi Pietro,

To make sure I understand, you are only referring to LyX's display
right? i.e. there is no problem with the final PDF output?

What is your LyX version?

You can run LyX as

 lyx -dbg graphics

to get more information about graphics conversions.

Scott