On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 01:02:07PM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:

> > It was not me alone who built the test system. Still, I don’t think it
> > is complicated.
>
> For me, it is still far too complicated. It took half a year to
> understand things like
>
>   Edit "invertedTests" to fix a "suspended" test that fails
>   because the export of the test document works, ...
>
> or the table in Development.lyx "4.3.1.10 Export test filtering".
> (See the alternative table in the note below for the
> simplification that could be achieved.)

I can see what you mean. I think that the tests are still evolving. It's
possible that we will be able to smooth them out and make them more
accessible. I think it might have been necessary to have gone through
the (complicated?) stages that we have, in order to learn certain
lessons. But I think we'll eventually end up with as system that will be
easier to describe and understand by newcommers. Who knows, maybe
someday creating and running tests will even be fun! (I know, I'm
dreaming now...)

> Thanks for you patience,

And for yours!

Scott