Am Dienstag, 27. September 2016 um 20:02:26, schrieb Guenter Milde
<mi...@users.sf.net>
> Dear Kornel,
>
> the current tests do not include non-default input encoding.
>
> IMV, testing export with inputencodings "utf8" and "ascii" would help to
> find several hidden bugs and make LyX more robust.
>
> * While the inputencoding is not important as long as the *.tex file is only
>   temporary, "utf8" and "ascii" have use cases
>
>   * when exporting to LaTeX (collaboration, archivation)
>   * for debugging
>
>   LyX's default "mixed language specific input encodings" is especially
>   unsuitable in these situations.
>
> * Some Babel-languages expect "utf8" as default,
>   e.g. Babel-Russian recommends utf8 since several years.
>   LyX still uses koi8-r because switching to "utf8" without
>   previous tests is too riscy.

I tried to use UTF8 for ru/Tutorial.lyx. pdf4_systemF seems to work with
'Dejavu' fonts.
pdf4_texF does not work. That is, I don't know which tex-font should I select
to make it working.

> * Testing "ascii" would allow us to separate problems due to the XeTeX
>   engine from encoding problems for failures of ".*pdf4_texF".
>
> * With stable and tested export to utf8-encoded LaTeX files, this could also
>   become a default for Latin-script based languages.
>

> I expect the tests to uncover some problems similar to what we have seen
> with XeTeX-texF.
>
> There is no need to test this with all export formats, it would suffice to
> test with pdflatex (pf2), say.
>

> What do you think?

If we can specify the encoding in the lyx-file depending on language and output
format, then it is easy.
In some cases we already would get encodings from the language file
'lib/languages'.
(ATM disabled)
See export.cmake:34 and useSystemFonts.pl:146.

I am open to suggestions.

> Günter

        Kornel