On 2016-10-09, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 09, 2016 at 09:33:42PM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:

> I see what you mean now. I think we both would agree with the following:

> "if by using ERT that works with pdflatex, xelatex, and luatex we
> achieve the same level of clarity in the document, then that should be
> preferred over ERT that works for only pdflatex. Otherwise (if we cannot
> achieve the same level of clarity), the clarity of the document is most
> important and thus the ERT that works only with pdflatex should be
> preferred."

Yes, this is the detailed version of the comment in invertedTests:

Sublabel: ert
#
# Export failures due to "raw" LaTeX use in ERT or preamble code.
# "Wontfix" if demonstrating correct use and OK in the default output format.

(However, IMO this description is too elaborated to be written down in the
documentation.)

Günter