Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed there's not been any further LyX GSOC, after the 2014 edition I
> can barely remember :-)..., what happened?

- No one was overly excited to continue with GSOC.

- There are still some unfinished dormant pieces which never make it to the
master
  and waiting in pipe. Correct me if I am wrong but even the parts which
finally make
  it to the trunk were mainly finished by mentors and not students, who
disappeared
  after GSOC finished. So although some projects could be considered success in
terms
  of getting new feature done at the end, we did not get single new dev from
the program.

- There seemed to be agreement that we should not again accept students which do
  not show reasonable activity on ML before project starts.
  From active developers, is there anyone around who can be considered GSOC
  student participant and interested in GSOC on top of that?

Pavel