On 13.10.2016 22:28, Kornel Benko wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2016 um 15:22:30, schrieb Richard Heck
<rgh...@lyx.org>
On 10/13/2016 03:17 PM, racoon wrote:
On 13.10.2016 21:13, Richard Heck wrote:
On 10/13/2016 02:31 PM, racoon wrote:
Hi,

I think I could solve

http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10239

http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9982

The idea is to create a new statistics dialog. I think I can just take
over the code from the About dialog, i.e. create .cpp, .h, and .ui
files accordingly.

However, I have never created new files in the LyX project - only
changed existing files. Can someone tell me how to go about?

I tried to just copy existing files and then renamed them. But Visual
Studio does not find those files in the Project Explorer.

Or creating new files actually quite tricky and as a beginner I'd
rather keep my hands off of this?

You'll have to update src/frontends/qt4/Makefile.am to add the new
files. I assume cmake then knows about them, too, but someone else will
know better.

Thanks. So after updating these files I will have to run cmake then
again, right?

Not after 'updating'. But after creating, yes.
We (in cmake build) still use globbing in configure stage to create makefiles
(or project files).

For me as a beginner it sounds pretty much like: better keep your hands off. (I have not even understood what globbing is.)

All right there are other things to do I guess.

Daniel