On 15.10.2016 17:14, racoon wrote:
On 15.10.2016 16:17, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 08:41:24AM +0200, racoon wrote:
For some reason I can't reach the lyx.org is it down?

Anyway, I'll just re-post my patch here since it might have gone
I know that the cure I suggest isn't perfect, but as far as I can see it
works. The problem seems quite bad so it seems much better having
this patch
rather than leaving it as it is.

The discussion was here:

Are you familiar with "git blame" ? Using git blame, you can see the
commit of each line of code in a file. For example, since you're not
sure why that code is there, before you remove it you should look at why
it was introduced.

git blame src/CutAndPaste.cpp

shows that one relevant commit is aaf4cf6f9. It references:

Perhaps that provides some useful information (I don't know though).

Thanks a lot. That is quite helpful I think. Actually, looking at the
code again it is really this part that might lead to trouble.

0a6ff99f2 src/CutAndPaste.cpp (Richard Heck           2014-03-29
18:52:36 -0400  892)                   &&

So the relevant commit is aaf4cf6f9. How do I go about to see whether
this references some ticket?

Bugger. 0a6ff99f2 is relevant I wanted to write.