Hello fellow Mac LyXonauts,

Has anyone of you given the (imho very useful :) advanced search feature a try
with regular expressions?
With the new maintenance release, I have revisited it. However it constantly
refuses to give any matches with patterns as simple as
        \regexp{[0-9]+\endregexp{}}   (source code panel entry obtained from

Is there an obvious bug in the above line of code? Or has anyone found a
workaround — or not even that problem? I am on Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan)
with the re-released LyX 2.2.2. The search with regular expressions seems to
work on Windows 7 at least. Is it functional on Linux?

I had posted a bug report on this a while ago:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10356 <http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10356>
With the recent activity of Mac users on this list and dear Tommaso Cucinotta
asking whether people are still using his nice feature (I am!) I thought this
might be a good moment to readdress my issue.

Thanks for any feedback!
Tadeus