On 21.10.2016 21:47, Joel Kulesza wrote:
Instead of this, I would rather see a customizable cursor color in the
Preferences -> Colors dialog.  I would not want to have my cursor a
different color than my text (black on the default page background, by
necessity).

This is already implemented in

Tools > Preferences... > Look & Feel > Colors > cursor

However, on my suggestion if you work on a rather light background, like the default sepia, it will look black. At least I could not tell the difference. So not having it "perfect" black might be a price worth paying.

Daniel