Want more mirrors?

If you would make it "easy" to mirror your server. I could do it on
freefaculty.org.

How easy? In the R CRAN system, they made this very easy because all I
need to do is run an rsync command. No editing at all is needed. We
put it in a cron job. So far as I know, there has never been a
problem.

If you give me an rsync line like that, I could mirror you at some
address like http://lyx.freefaculty.org,  I'm stuck with
"freefaculty.org" because I bought it. We could call it something more
neutral, maybe http://mirrors.freefaculty.org/lyx.

The big key is that you give me the nearly bonehead proof command to
run every day.

I never figured out the certificate magic to make https:// possible on
the R mirror, but we could try if one of you smart young people helps.
This https part is mysterious, but the regular http thing would be,
well, no problem. If you tell me the "rsync" command to run.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson   http://pj.freefaculty.org
Director, Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis http://crmda.ku.edu