On 11/01/2016 09:56 PM, Andrew Parsloe wrote:
I tried out Insert>Special Character>Symbols in response to an email to the list from Michael Berger and triggered an assertion. (LyX 2.2.2 on Windows 7)

Recipe: in a new document
Insert>Special Character>Symbols>Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols
Insert any symbol from this group
Select the symbol, copy, paste
You may need to repeat the last step.

Sometimes the assertion is triggered at the first attempt to copy, sometimes after pasting and then selecting to copy the now two symbols.

The assertion message references Paragraph.cpp, line 1723.

Andrew

---

Thanks Andrew, Scott
I tried as you suggested but it does not work here (LyX 2.2.2 Linux, Mageia5, KDE, TL2016) Each new symbol produced with copy and paste or cut and paste returns its own new inputenc error like before.
Michael