On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 01:04:10AM +0100, Guillaume Munch wrote:

> > Unfortunately I cannot reproduce.
> >
> > But with your recipe I got the attached (unrelated) segfault when
> > closing LyX.
>
> Sorry for the mix-up, only the last trace is relevant.

(short answer: your patch does fix the assertion)

My fault. The segfault you found is what originally led me to do a git
bisect. But when I did the git bisect I wanted to use a fixed .lyx file
so that I was sure it was the change in the .cpp code and not a change
in the .lyx file. So the following reproduces:

1. git checkout 2.1.0 Math.lyx
2. lyx Math.lyx
3. ctrl+a to select all.
4. Insert > Branch > Insert New Branch. Call it "hello" and press OK.

Scott