Le 24/11/2016 à 00:33, Tommaso Cucinotta a écrit :
Hi,

while playing with strings, I've just run into a mysterious linking
error [1] which, after a bit of digging, turned out to be decrypted as
[2]. Basically, [2] is obtained by removing all templatization code for
bformat() in lstrings.h. All template implementations are completely
specialized on specific types, and do NOT make any actual use of the
template machinery (indeed, LyX compiles and links :-) ). Leaving aside
the specific error of the code snippet, as [2] is way more readable than
[1], I'd be totally in favor of pushing such a patch, which I'm
attaching. Any thoughts?

Hi Tommaso,

Looks good. Either that, or somebody with enough motivation implements
bformat in full generality which seems to have been the original
intention (see e.g. 6a55be95). This would have been another solution to your linking issue.