Am Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2016 um 21:40:25, schrieb Guenter Milde
<mi...@users.sf.net>
> Dear Kornel,
>

> On 2016-12-01, Kornel Benko wrote:
>
> > Tests with unicodesymbols gave me many errors in iconv part. Debugging
> > shows correct values in calls to open_iconv(), still there are
> > exception events. My lyx was created using 3rdparty/libiconv, so I
> > recompiled without the provided iconv.
>
> > This version works, here the results of 'ctest -j12 -R unicodesymbols'
>
> > 99% tests passed, 4 tests failed out of 1034
> > The following tests FAILED:
> >     379 -
> > export/export/latex/unicodesymbols/005-7-ipa-modifiers-combining_cp437_pdf2
> > (Failed)
> >     447 -
> > export/export/latex/unicodesymbols/008-greek-and-coptic-with-textalpha_iso8859-6_pdf2
> >  (Failed)
> >     897 - export/export/latex/unicodesymbols/077-mathops_cp437de_pdf2
> > (Failed)
> >     1274 -
> > export/export/latex/unicodesymbols/125_152-modifiers-presentation_cp850_pdf2
> >  (Failed)
> > Errors while running CTest
>
> Out of these for, only 447 fails here, because I don't have Arabic support
> installed (iso8859-6.def file missing).

They all work for me too. The fail reason was parallel test. Retesting the
remaining sequential is OK here.

> The others work here and (afaik) for Scott.
>
> 447 is testing Greek with an arabic input encoding, so it would not be an
> urgent problem if this did not work. Also, Scott reported it works.
>

> > Can someone on linux check if using 3rdparty/libiconv is a bad idea?
>
> From your previous posts I suppose that the lower case of the encoding names
> is a problem for the 3rdparty iconv. It may be worth testing if this is a
> bug or just a more narrow interpretation of the arguments. If libc-iconv
> support both cases, we could change the iconv names in lib/languages...
>
> G√ľnter

I was wrong with concluding that uppercase in input-encoding would work. From
'-dbg latex', 'CP437' was not found as valid,
and therefore 'auto'-encoding was used instead.

        Kornel