On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 12:50:02PM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2016 um 23:31:48, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
> <skost...@lyx.org>
> > On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 10:52:25AM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
> >
> > > If we assume that an up-to date TeXLive is a common requirement, we can
> > > also remove the patterns in unreliableTest:
> >
> > We would have to first redefine Sublabel: varying_versions. Currently we
> > say:
> >
> >   Test depending on TeX distribution, package versions or OS.
> >
> > Should we require an *up-to-date* TeX Live for reliable tests?
>
> Yes, we should. For a developer it is not hard. And the tests are not meant
> for a
> typical user.

Indeed we already state in Development.lyx:
A full, up-to-date TeXLive installation is recommended to run the tests.
Otherwise, some tests will fail. Tests with additional requirements are
labeled “unreliable:nonstandard”.

So it is just a matter of defining the varying_versions sublabel now.

> > If so, we
> > would redefine the varying_versions sublabel to something like:
> >
> >   Test depending on e.g. OS or version of a non-TeX-Live dependency
> >
> > > Do as you prefer, I don't have a preference.
> >
> > What are your thoughts, Kornel?
>
> Looks good.

OK we'll go with this and tweak if necessary.

I made the change at 67094dd6.

Scott