On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 10:51:56PM -0700, Joel Kulesza wrote:

> In general, I've had some difficulty getting Korean to work well. There
> seem to have been several issues lately with Arabic, Hebrew, and Korean.
> Would there be value in providing an additional Help menu addressing some
> of the various language issues and ways to overcome them (recommended
> encodings, tips-and-tricks, etc.)?

That might be better in a Wiki page. Indeed we have some Wiki pages for
simliar purposes. But perhaps you're suggesting that's not as accessible
to the user as the Help menu.

> One problem I see in this is rendering:
> the user would need the various language packages installed.

Agreed. I think there are so many different situations (#OS * #TeX
distributions * #languages) that I think the Wiki pages are best. We
often try to link to the Wiki pages from the .lyx files.

Scott