Le 04/12/2016 à 17:04, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :

Weak arguments, given that you say the patch was written with the
proper fix in mind (which is not in stable).

It is probably clear to Enrico (I hope) but maybe less to people who did
not follow the discussions and the mentioned commits too closely, that
"proper fix" refers to the pointer becoming invalid. This fix is
only meant to avoid bugs of the same kind in the future. Enrico's
"one-liner" does nothing about it. It is not in stable because nobody
is asking to backport it, because it would be useless there. Then this
fix for a problem B is supposed to be somehow related to the qualities
of a solution to problem A in stable, and if he is serious then I have
to admit that then his argument escapes me.

It would be better if you post your patches to stable for approval
> and comments before committing them.

In fact there was a private exchange with Richard on Friday when I saw
the report, apologies to the list for not being included in the
recipients but I was away without access to my usual git&gmane
configuration, and I wanted to spare people time wasted in a duplicate
fix. But from the discussion it was clear to me that Richard intended to
backport 79a947c9 in case it worked.