On 04.12.16 17:58, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 05:38:14PM +0100, mn wrote:
>
>> Something like an MWE is attached.
>> Here, it triggers slowness on loading the file into a fresh LyX session.

> I cannot reproduce with just your example. But if I select all and then
> paste 10 times, then I can get some slowness with cursor movement,
> selection and scrolling.

Pasting this paragraph 10 times is enough to make LyX really glacial.

> Note that if you have continuous spellcheck enabled and source preview,
> these two things can slow down cursor movement.

Source view is usually closed.
When I tested it with continuous spell-check enabled it is indeed much
much slower than without.
Then again the spell-checkers seem to be quite clueless about what's
written there.
Setting spellchecker to either "aspell" or "native" seems to improve the
situation somewhat but it's hard to quantify which of both options is
better. Regarding speed, both are clearly superior to hunspell, which
slows LyX to an absolute crawl. But aspell and native seem to just
ignore all the hebrew text?
Nothing is marked with both of them enabled, whereas hunspell seems to
mark a lot of the text as somehow incorrect.