On 2016-12-07, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 07.12.2016, 14:02 +0100 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:

> What I'd like to see eventually is some kind of quote balancing check,
> such that if you enter a closing quote, the text back to the respective
> opening quote is highlighted. Same for brackets.

As many text editors do...

I am not sure the Quote inset brings benefits for this feature.

+1 it may distinguish single closing quote and apostrophe.

-1 it may still mix them, when the apostrophe is inserted with the
   insert-quote LFUN.

-1 strange results for documents with a mix of literal Unicode quotes and
   Quote insets

   Mind, that some autors prefer use of literal Unicode quotes (accessible
   e.g.via AltGr+... over LyX's smartquotes keybinding.
   Also quotes in imported text parts are not converted to insets (and
   cannot be converted withnout guessing).

Günter