Le 04/01/2017 à 14:23, Jürgen Spitzmüller a écrit :
Am Mittwoch, den 04.01.2017, 13:52 +0100 schrieb Guillaume Munch:
I find too that the above does not make the case for a new document
setting that changes the default behaviour of a LFUN.

Note that the quote document setting has done that since always.

But for dynamic quotes you wrote:

There is even the need for dynamic and static quotes within the same
document.

which the document setting does not address, but additional LFUN
bindings (default or custom) does. This is why I see the argument for
mixing static and dynamic quotes, but not one for a document setting.

What about having quote-insert input dynamic quotes by default except
in
foreign language?

I don't see how this is connected to foreign languages.

Your own argument why static quotes are still needed was about foreign
language. So, here are two suggestions for improving dynamic quotes,
good enough (AFAIU) to be a default behaviour, sparing the need for a
document setting. The one below makes the more sense, I find. But maybe I misunderstood the specific use-cases you have in mind.

Or, have the dynamic quote as default, but have it behave like a
foreign
code's default quote in foreign language. This default is not
configurable, but it is the same with the static quote.

If it is going to be the default then please do not have it in blue.

Well, blue is our color for "special characters" (which this is).

Of course, you can alter the special characters color in the prefs, if
you don't like it.

I am really discussing whether it is a "special character", and how it
should be presented to all users. The idea is that if it becomes the
default, then there is the possibility of making the change transparent
to users.