On 2017-01-25, Enrico Forestieri wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding:  --]

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 09:11:12PM +0100, Enrico Forestieri wrote:

>> > This could be changed to gets replaced by "----"
> This seems to have been done on purpose. But I don't understand why.

The idea seems to be to cycle between hyphen, en-, and em-dash with
subsequent keypresses. This makes sense under the assumption, that in normal
text you will never need an em-dash followed by a hyphen, an en-dash, or
another em-dash.

> The attached patch corrects this glitch and I am going to commit it
> because I really don't see any rationale behind this behavior.

With your patch, would pressing the [-]-Key 4 times become
EM DASH + HYPHEN or ----?

Günter