On 2017-01-22 21:50:48 +0000, Guenter Milde said:

On 2017-01-22, Ian Wilder wrote:
On 2017-01-22 04:36:54 +0000, Scott Kostyshak said:

On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 02:51:16PM -0500, Ian Wilder wrote:
Hey guys,

I just compiled master and fired it up to poke around.
It launches ok but when I try and create a new document I'm met with a
dialogue saying:

The module basic has been requested by
this document but has not been found in the list of
available modules. If you recently installed it, you
probably need to reconfigure LyX.

Any thoughts?

My platform is: Darwin Kernel Version 16.1.0 (MacOS Sierra)
My configure command is: ./configure --with-qt-dir=/opt/local/libexec/qt5
--enable-qt5 --prefix=/Users/ian/Applications/LyX-master.app

Hi Ian,

Sorry you didn't get a response to this. Did you figure it out or do you
still have the problem?

Thanks for the response!
I recompiled and tried again, with no luck. The behavior persists.

I thought perhaps I missed performing a reconfigure, but this gave me a
new issue:

"The system reconfiguration has failed.
Default textclass is used but LyX may
not be able to work properly.
Please reconfigure again if needed."

Probabely so.

I had the same problem (module basic missing) and could solve it by
updating from git, make clean, reconfiguring (cmake ...), make.

Günter

Günter,

I take it from your comment you are using cmake rather than autogen/configure/make. I have not used the cmake build process before, and I am wondering if the problem arises from using configure. I attempted to build using cmake, but the build doesn't work. I am assuming I'm using it incorrectly.

I will post a new thread regarding the cmake build and let you know if that resolves this problem.

Thanks for your help!

Ian