On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 09:07:26AM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:

> Some suggestions:
>
> * Ask the developer of 46611ba1 for possible reasons of the change.

Richard, how good is your memory? :)

> * Change the document class of your examples and compare output and LyX-GUI

Why? I think the module should provide correct output for the default
(article class). (update: ah, now I see what you mean. Let's discuss
this below)

> * Can indentation/start of a new paragraph be influenced by the new
>   "new paragraph" special? (the curly arrow popping up every now and then in
>   files converted with lyx2lyx)

I'm not sure.

> No. I am not against the change (just wanted to avoid a situation where
> we solve display in half of the cases but break it in the other half.)

I see what you meant above now. It seems we took different approaches.

My approach: make things work for the default document class.

Your approach: make things work for as many document classes as
possible.

Probably the ideal approach is to maximize a weighted average, where the
weights are how often the document classes are used. Unfortunately, I
don't know how to calculate the weights.

Whatever our decision is we might want to document it (in
Development.lyx or in Customization.lyx?)

> >> Please do commit. I find this very annoying and keep meaning to commit
> >> it myself.
>
> > OK, I'll wait a couple of days to see if Günter has an objection. He
> > might see something that I missed.
>
> Please go ahead.

I think the above discussion is important first.

Scott