Bumping a thread five years later... and just FYI, Python has moved to
Github: https://github.com/python/cpython The story behind the move:
https://snarky.ca/the-history-behind-the-decision-to-move-python-to-github/

I'm not sure if the LyX team knows more about Github or has more
interest now, but I still believe Github is a better choice than
maintaining everything (GIT, Wiki, Trac, and so on) by yourselves, and
you are more likely to attract talents who are willing to contribute
to this project in the future. That said, I'm not as eager as I was
five years ago to convince you guys, since I rarely use LyX or LaTeX
directly now (but LyX is still *the* best frontend for LaTeX in my
mind). If there is an intention to move, great, and let me know if
there is anything I can help, otherwise it is totally fine, too.
Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Github in any sense. I'm just an
ordinary user who happens to have benefited a lot from it when
developing open source software.

Regards,
Yihui
--