Le 25/02/2017 à 18:09, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 10:11:38PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
It would be nice if users did not have to configure forward search
(although they should have the option to do so if they prefer). I see
two possibilities:

(1) Can configure.py do this easily, assuming that the PDF viewer that
is automatically set by configure.py is the one that will be used? I
think it is better to make a guess that is probably accurate 75% of the
time than to not guess at all.

(2) We can move the settings from
Tools > Preferences > Output > General
Tools > Preferences > File Handling > File Format.

Option (2) seems intuitive to me because the forward search command
should depend on the viewer of the file format. If there are different
viewers for different formats, then the forward search command would
automatically adapt because there would be a different forward search
command for each format.

Any thoughts?

For evince one could also do better by shipping and configuring https://github.com/SublimeText/LaTeXTools/tree/master/evince

Note that I'm not necessarily interested in working on this now myself.

Me neither

Since I am new to forward search, I'm trying to think through a few
issues with a fresh perspective before I set up things that work for me
and forget what is intuitive to new users.

I agree this could be improved