> On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 09.26.39 WET Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> >
> > I am not sure I understand. The default setting of \dynamic_quotes is
> > "false", which is equal to the case when the param is missing.
> >
> > Jürgen
>
> That was the subject of my rambling on Sunday and something that I have
> been
> trying to enforce in 2.3, but that I have clearly no communicated properly.
> :-)
>
> You are right if you compare the output for lyx-2.3.
>
> My problem is a different one. Suppose that a document that you created
> with
> lyx 2.2 is not touched with lyx 2.3 but later opened with a later version.
> Suppose also that in after 2.3 we decide to change the default setting of
> \dynamic_quotes to "true".

In that case, I would ensure that old documents (with no \dynamic_quotes
header) get the correct value, i.e. "false".

I mean, if we would decide that the default value is true, we would have to
assure that the header is always output for new documents (no header would
still mean "false").

But I see what you mean in the sense of "more transparent file format".

Jürgen