Am Mittwoch, den 12.04.2017, 15:22 +0200 schrieb Enrico Forestieri:
> I find that the chardet library is the least reliable. I get better
> results with python-magic. However, all methods are unreliable to
> some extent. Try the attached patch to see in how many encodings
> you can read a file. Try it also on binary files ;)

I understand that there is no perfect method. However, if we can catch
a significant set of cases without too much effort, we should probably
do that.

Could you tell me again why it is now necessary to open the files with
a specific encoding, while we did not do that until now? (I admit that
I skipped most of those "Python 3" threads)

Jürgen