On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 05:30:19AM +0200, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> the attached patch fixes several box reversion issues in lyx2lyx. Scott
> could verify that the conversion to LyX 2.1.x works now as expected.

Just to be clear: when I report results of ctests, it is important to
understand the limitations of the tests. Failures do not necessarily
indicate bugs, and similarly if the tests pass that does not necessarily
indicate that everything works as expected. To do that, one would have
to take a manual look at the code and do manual tests and check the
output. The tests only catch a subset of potential errors. In this
particular case, I think all the tests do is check that no messages show
up on the terminal. They do not, for example, check that exported LaTeX
code is equivalent. And they do not open the 2.1.x files with 2.1.x
(which in some sense would be the best test).

What I mean to say is that we should say something more safe when
referencing the results of the ctests, such as "Scott checked that there
are no unexpected failures in the tests". This does not imply that I
checked the patches or that I did any manual checks.

Scott