Dear Scott,

> As discussed [1], the current plan is to release alpha1 on Saturday.

> Please do not make any commits to master today after 22h00 UTC until
> master is open again. Between now and 22h00 UTC, please only make
> commits that:

>   (1) are very safe

> and

>   (2) you are confident do not break any of the ctests

> If there is a strong reason to break one of those two criteria, please
> start a discussion on the list explaining why an exception should be
> made.

there is a risk of further information loss in the em-dash conversion
workaround. I wrote an analysis and suggestion on 31 Mar 2017 but waited
with action becaus of missing feedback and because I wanted the "allowbreak"
special char to be present first.

I propose a simple change to the lyx2lyx conversions for now:

User a closed ERT inset for ligature dashes in pre-2.2 documents:

        2.1  <->  2.2

This would require a change to lyx2lyx/lyx_2_2.py (functions
convert/revert_dashes) and lyx2lyx/lyx_2_3.py
(convert/revert_dashligatures).

I may be able to do the changes but I am not sure whether I would manage to
fix the tests.

Günter