Am 09.05.2017 um 14:57 schrieb john kennan <jken...@gmail.com>:

> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 7:22 AM, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 09.05.2017 um 14:14 schrieb john kennan <jken...@gmail.com>:
> >

> > On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 1:11 AM, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Am 09.05.2017 um 02:59 schrieb john kennan <jken...@gmail.com>:

> Sorry, I was not explicit. Are you able to test the LyX reconfigure
> menu item with /usr/bin/python as your system python interpreter?
>
> I'm not sure what this means, but in any case I don't think I can do it at
> this point. I'm using two machines, one with 2.3alpha and the other with
> 2.2.2 And the alpha machine now has Python 2.7.13, and lyx2lyx works there.
> The other machine still has Anaconda python, so I can't test the (Anaconda,
> 2.3alpha combination)
>
> But the machine with Anaconda and LxY 2.2.2 has no trouble running lyx2lyx on
> old formats (501, for example). I've been through many LyX versions with no
> change in the python setup, and this conversion problem is new with 2.3alpha.
>

> Meanwhile I searched for the phenomena „Anaconda on Mac“ and there
> are other reports of problems from users of Anaconda python with
> their regular tasks. Perhaps you should temporarily disable it to
> test LyX - I don’t know what to do in case you want to work with
> Anaconda python and LyX in parallel.
>
> It's an old version of Anaconda, not currently in use. It may well be that
> updating Anaconda would fix the problem.

Just in case you’re curious… there are some possibilities to test.

You can open the disk image and start LyX from there. The first start
fires configure.py and your LyX-2.2 user directory will be copied to
LyX-2.3 - but perhaps that is too risky. I’m not sure what happens if
the copy-operation is failing. So, make a backup of your
„$HOME/Library/Application Support/LyX-2.2“ directory first.

To disable Anaconda you should comment out the PATH change in your
.bash_profile or .bashrc or .login (I don’t know exactly). You probably
need to disconnect and reconnect to make this change effective.

Perhaps it’s better to create a test account and start LyX-2.2.2 first.
Do some configuration and save it. Next you can test LyX-2.3alpha.

Stephan